Make a wholesome cilantro soup with you first herb patch harvest. This creamy soup is great with a classic BLT.
After you start the roux (flour and butter mixture), stir constantly until all the liquid has been added to the pan. Add the broth slowly to avoid lumps.
Fresh Cilantro Soup Recipe
1 1/2 C Fresh cilantro
3 12-oz. Cans beef broth
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 Minced garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. Beer
1 Tbsp. Catsup
8-oz. Cream cheese
8-oz. Sour cream
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black pepper
1/2 tsp. Ground red pepper
1/4 tsp. Ground cumin
Creamy Cilantro Soup Directions
- Wash and cilantro remove stems.
- Combine cilantro and one cup of the beef broth in blender and blend until fully incorporated.
- Peel garlic and mince fine.
- Heat saucepan and melt butter; add flour and stir constantly till the mixture turns a light brown.
- Add minced garlic. Slowly stir in beef broth and add blended cilantro.
- Add beer and catsup.
- Add sour cream, cream cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
For information on growing cilantro indoors or out, please visit: Growing Cilantro and Growing Cilantro in Containers
For a great pico de gallo recipe visit: Pico de Gallo for Cinco de Mayo