Stopping by a Stone Angel

Gardening Quotes
Submitted on a lazy Sunday afternoon, a few of my favorite gardening quotes. If you adjusted your clocks forward last night, enjoy the extra hours of sunshine. I know I will:

"Rosemary only grows where the mistress is master." -Anonymous

"Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years." - Anonymous

"Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration." - Lou Erickson

"You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt." -Anonymous

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves." - H.E. Bates

"Though an old man, I am but a young gardener." - Thomas Jefferson

Comments

  1. ""Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years." - Anonymous" I love that! It's the truest thing in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, me too. No matter how lousy I feel, working in the garden makes it better.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share some ideas.