Monday

What Caught My Eye

From bees that build nests out of flower petals to some truly fine tips on taking better photos, there's a lot of spring activity in the cyber-garden.

I spent my weekend feeding peonies, thinning out oregano and weeding around my lavender bushes. It was chilly, so when I finished I came indoors and made some very nice lavender tea and started a new batch of lavender sugar. Everything is greening up nicely, and the birds are making short work of any worms misguided enough to stick their heads up. I have to say I'm usually on the side of the worms in these exchanges, even though a fat robin wrestling a worm out of the ground is a pretty awesome sight after a long winter watching our feathered neighbors huddled on branches or telephone wires.

These articles are worth a scan, and make a nice cuppa when you're done:

Busy Bees Use Flower Petals For Nest Wallpaper (from National Public Radio)


10 Tips for Hummingbird Photos (from Living Green in a Colorful World)


Lavender Tea


Make Lavender Sugar

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for such an informative site. This place has come up in so many of my google searches that Im totally a regular visitor now. Comfrey, Periwinkle, Soapwort and Catnip are just a few of the herbs Ive learned more about here. Thanks for sharing your interest in herbs with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell,

    How nice. Thank you for visiting.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Share some ideas.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.