Free Herb Seed Catalogs and Spring Seed Advise

While so many of us are dealing with the harsh winter weather, it's nice to consider that spring really is just around the corner. Grab those seed catalogs and hold the good thought.

If you have some seeds left over in packets from previous years, don't throw them out. I always forget to plant a seed or two in the spring rush, and if I'm not sure how viable a packet of seeds will be, I start them between sheets of damp paper towel. Just keep the toweling moist and covered with cellophane.

This is going to be a great season, and when spring does come, we'll appreciate it all the more. I say this as my deck is so buried in snow that I can't get the exterior door open.

Cheers from the winter underland.

Start Your Seeds Between the Sheets

Some of my favorite free or downloadable catalogs:

Mountain Valley Growers

Seeds of Change (Organic)

Mountain Rose Herbs

Well-Sweep Herb Farm

Nichols Garden Nursery

Richters

Prairieland Herbs

Medicinal Herb Plants

Horizon Herbs

Penn Herb Company

Sandy Mush Herb Nursery


Happy Planting,

Sara

Comments